Traveling with pet types : Dogs, cats and birds only
If you are traveling with pets, please apply through the reservation center in advance.
Please make sure to prepare the relevant documents thoroughly as there are documents required by each country when using international flights.
Pets allowed for transport
- Type of Eligible Pets for Transport: Dogs, cats, pet birds
- Number of animals that can be transported: 1 carry-on, 1 checked-in per passenger
assistance dog for the disabled (Service Animal)
- It can be carried on board without storage in a separate transport cage. However, it cannot be seated in an emergency exit row seat, and a service dog cannot occupy the seat.
- You can board the plane if you attach a certificate of completion of training conducted by a government-approved institution, wear a harness, and are accompanied by a service dog trainer for the disabled and a professional training institution for the disabled or a volunteer related to training for the disabled.
- Emotional assistance dogs (mental/emotional disabilities) are only available for travel to/from the US, and please bring a medical certificate issued within one year.
- For more information, please contact the Air Busan Reservation Center.
- If the weight including the transport cage is 7 kg or less
- 운송 케이지 3변 길이의 합이 115cm 이하이며, 높이는 최대 24cm 이내인 경우
- Only 1 animal per person, 1 transport cage allowed
However, in the following cases, it is considered as one animal and can be brought in in the same transport cage as an exception.
- 2 puppies or 2 cats under 6 months of age
- Mother and her pup under 6 months old (dog/cat)
- 1 pair of birds
- For safe operation, pets must be kept inside the transport cage on board, and taking them out is strictly prohibited.
- Guests traveling with pets will be assigned a window seat, and the seat assignment may change depending on seat availability.
- The transport cage must be stored under the seat, including during takeoff and landing.
- We can not provide food other than water during the flight.
- If the size and weight of the pet and its transport cage exceed the dimensions of the carry-on baggage
- 운송 케이지를 포함한 동물의 무게는 32kg, 운송 케이지의 3면 길이의 합이 246cm, 높이 84cm 이하인 경우
- Baggage can not be checked on international flights.
- Pet transport service fee is separate from baggage fee.
- Charges are based on the weight including the pet transport cage.
- Domestic Flight
- Carry-on carry-on: 20,000 won per 7kg/one-way segment
- Consignment: within 32kg 30,000 won/per one-way section
- International Flight
- Carry-on : less than 7 kg (refer to the fare table for each route)
- Consignment: No
It is the fare table for the transportation of companion animals consisting of segment (one-way basis), domestic flights, Japan, China / Taiwan / Hong Kong / Macao, Southeast Asia / Mongolia and the Americas (Guam).
Qingdao, Xi'an, Yanji, Zhangjiajie,
Taipei, Kaohsiung, Hong Kong, Macao
How to apply for travel with pets
(Domestic / International flights) Items may be restricted for transport according to the country/region/aircraft. Therefore, make sure to contact the reservation center before traveling to confirm that your items can be transported.
- Reservation Center : (In Korea) 166-3060 / In overseas regions +82-70-7997-3060
(International flights) Prepare the documents for the quarantine according to the confirmed quarantine preparations at the embassy of the relevant country/region.
- When bringing pets to the Republic of Korea from overseas, please refer to the Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency's website.Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency's website
Please be prepared in advance that there may be documents required separately by the government agency of the destination country.
- If you are going to Japan, you need to obtain a quarantine certificate from the National Quarantine Service, which requires more than 14 days.
- (International flights) On the day of departure, the Quarantine inspection certificate issued by Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency is required at the check-in counter.
- (Domestic/International flights)On the day of departure, please fill out a pledge for transporting your pet.
Transport Cage Conditions
- The luggage transport cage must be prepared by the customer in advance.
However, a transport cage for carry-on baggage can be purchased at the Air Busan counter.Check the amount of carry-on luggage transport cage
- The transport cage must be locked and the bottom must be sealed.
- The transport cage is a structure in which a part of the pet's body does not come out, and the entire body of the pet must be kept inside.
- Be sure to lay a towel, blanket, or pad that can absorb bowel movements on the bottom of the transport cage.
- Must have sufficient space for the pet to comfortably stand or move around.
- For birds, the cage must be covered with a sheet so that the birds are not exposed during the flight.
- The transport cage must be made of strong materials such as metal/wood/plastic. (Cloth and leather materials are allowed when brought into the cabin, but they must be kept in a certain shape)
- Only one pet is allowed in one transport cage. (However, in the case of 2 puppies or 2 cats under 6 months of age, the mother and (non-adult) puppies, and 1 pair of birds, they are considered as 1 and can be placed together as an exception.)
- Please check in advance whether your destination allows pets.
(Incheon ↔ Shenzhen route service not available)
- Pets are not allowed if their number exceeds the allowable count for the aircraft.
- It is not possible if the transport cage does not meet the transport criteria.
- It is not allowed if the sum of the three sides of the transport cage exceeds 246 cm or the total weight of the pet and the transport cage exceeds 32 kg.
- Pets that are under 8 weeks old or given a stabilizer/sleep medicine cannot be transported.
- Pregnant pets, foul smelling pets, ferocious dogs (attack dogs and other fierce animals), and birds of prey may not be transported.
Types of Prohibited Dogs
- Tosa dogs and their crossbreeds
- American Pit Bull (All Breeds)
- American Staffordshire Terriers and their crossbreeds
- Staffordshire Bull Terriers and their crossbreeds
- Rottweilers and their crossbreeds
- Pets may be restricted from being transported as checked baggage during cold weather for the pet's health and safety.
- Short-nosed dogs may not be transported as checked baggage between July 1 to September 30, as their health and safety are especially impacted by stress and intense heat.
- List of Short-nosed Dogs : Pug, Bulldog, Shih Tzu, etc.
- No food other than water may be provided during the flight, and the new transport cage must be covered with a cloth during flight.
'Pet restaurant' in the sky
Air Busan X Welts
Gifted to guests with pets from December 23, 2020
Premium Pet Food Weltz Travel Kit is out of stock.
The deadline is January 15, 2021.
For guests traveling with pets
Thank you for your interest and support
The happiness of being together is doubled,
We look forward to seeing you again with a more enjoyable experience.