We have provided a safe and comfortable UM(Unaccompanied Minor) service for a child traveling alone without a guardian.
The ‘guardian’ must be older than 18 years old.
If a passenger applicable for UM service will not apply for the service, the boarding could be denied.
However, special price/promotional flight tickets are not applicable.
Age 5 ~ 12 years
Age 5 ~ 11 years
- Child under 5 years old cannot travel alone in any case.
- For international flight only, we provide adolescents who are between 12~17 years old YPTA(Young Passenger Traveling Alone) service if requested.
Apply for the service at the airport on the day of the trip
Apply for this through reservation center 7 days prior to the departure
Korean Reservation Center : 1666-3060 (+82-70-7997-3060 from overseas)
Fill out the required UM document
Step03 Departure airport
Check-in counter (accompanied with the person in charge)
Step04 Staff guidance in connecting flights and staff guidance at arriving airport
Greeting area (accompanied with the staff in charge)
- Child and his or her guardian should come to the airport, and submit required documents for the UM service. Then, please follow our staff’s guidance.
- Personal information and contact number of guardian that is to see off/wait for the child at departure/arrival location upon service request. Also, necessary UM documents (UM travel application, guardian pledge) should be filled out.
- The child will be provided an UM pouch, which will help airport staffs or flight attendants recognize the child.
- Domestic Flight : Child fare (20% discount of adult shown fare)or child tickets get public discount, no additional service fee
- International Flight : Adult fare applied, No additional service fee
- In case of using domestic flights : If the discount exceeds 20% of the normal fare, a child fare (20% discount off adult fare) will be re-applied. Then, this service can be available. (Service is also available for children's tickets with public discounts)
- For children aged between 13 and 18 who request the Unaccompanied Minors (UM) service, an additional fee of 60 USD (per one-way ticket) is applicable, paid in KRW using the exchange rate on the day of flight.
Child traveling alone
of UM by the Philippines
|Child aged between 5 and 15 who travels alone or is accompanied with an adult except their parents
|Documents for entrance
- Parent consent form notarized (English)
- English version of resident registration
- A copy of passport of passenger and guardian
- Copy of Return Itinerary and Receipt (ITR)
- Documents for entrance to a country (Application for Waiver of Exclusion Ground –W.E.G)
- Entrance fee (PHP 3,120)
||A child who accompanies his or her mother should have an English registration card
- Upon departure and arrival, a child has to be accompanied by an adult.
- If you apply for the service on the departure date not in advance, it may not be possible to travel.
- Upon applying for the service at an airport, it may not be possible to provide the service depending on submission of the required documents.
- Please check your types of ticket in advance because some services may not be available depending on the type of ticket purchased.